Tuesday 26 August 2014

Travel Tuesday: John Lewis 150 Years


This year is John Lewis' 150th anniversary and to celebrate they have a special roof garden and exhibition in the Oxford Street store. "The rooftop has been transformed with a mix of traditional and contemporary garden design elements into a place for you to relax, take in the view of the London skyline, and enjoy a series of events"

The garden is really pretty and has a lovely relaxing atmosphere, a great place to rest your weary legs while shopping! To boost your energy levels there is Joe & the Juice. I had a delicious 'sports juice' with passion fruit, pineapple and apple.

After enjoying the roof garden be sure to visit the Stories of a Shopkeeper exhibition on level 3, which tells the really interesting history of John Lewis, including how one of Britain's most notorious murderers was convicted by a pair of their pajamas!

The roof garden and exhibition finish on August 31st so make some time to visit this week!















Isn't that telephone just so gorgeous!


These two dresses were inside the shop in the dressmaking section. Not sure whether they were anything to do with the 150 years but I liked them, plus the girl in the background on the right!

Linking up with Travel Tuesday and the Let's be friends Blog Hop
 
Have you ever been to a roof garden like this?

14 comments:

  1. That is so cute! What an amazing island of tranquility to have such a garden in the middle of the hustle and bustle of London! And I love those last few dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was a great place to escape all the noise and just relax in a lovely garden!

      Delete
  2. I love the dresses towards the end! i had no idea that it was the 150 year anniversary this year! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're gorgeous aren't they! I had no idea either until I did some research on events going on in London!

      Delete
  3. I love your photos! Those dresses are super cute. I didn't even realise John Lewis was that old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! Yeh, it's old and has a really interesting history!

      Delete
  4. The dresses! John Lewis is flamin awesome! It looks like it was great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the 1950's shape and the pretty materials they used!

      Delete
  5. I love rooftop gardens! If I were in London, I'd go there right now :) Also, those juices sound delish. I'd definitely order the one with carrot, apple and ginger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rooftop gardens are a great escape! I had trouble deciding which juice to go for, they all sounded so yummy!

      Delete
  6. I have never been to a roof garden party, let alone a rooftop party, before but it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with any sort of rooftop situation: garden, cafe, bar, club.... if it's on a roof and got a great view, I need to be there! I've never shopped at a John Lewis (admittedly, the first time I ever saw one was two years ago in Scotland) but it looks quite nice and upscale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many great events on rooftops nowadays where you get great views. It beats paying to go up a tower! John Lewis is really nice. I never tend to buy anything but just wander around!

      Delete